This course is designed for persons who have the responsibility to administer basic first aid in the workplace.
During the course candidates will learn how to deal with the following:
• Understand the role of the first aider including reference to the importance of preventing cross infection and the need for recording incidents and actions.
• Use of available equipment.
• Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency.
• Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious including seizures.
• Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
• Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded or bleeding and/or in shock.
• Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking.
• Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries.
First Aid manuals are provided for all candidates.
Assessment is by trainer observation of practical tasks and a short multiple choice question paper.
On successful completion of the program candidates will receive a Qualsafe certificate together with a plastic wallet sized First Aid certificate. This is valid for three years, it is recommended candidates attend an annual 3 hour refresher course.
A one day course covering CPR, how to deal with an unconscious casualty, control of bleeding, burns and basic first aid treatments.
Course: Qualsafe Emergency First Aid at Work Course
Price: £50.00 Per Person (Exc. VAT) NB: Min 6 Max 12 candidates
Duration: One Day
Call us for more information: